IDTS, Canvas Help, or OIT?
SCI IDTS – Instructional Design and Technology Services
Technology is not the only way to be innovative in your teaching–a change in instructional design or the adoption of new approaches to teaching and learning can increase student engagement and enhance student learning while refreshing your own teaching experience as well. We invite you to contact the School of Communication and Information’s Office of Instructional Design and Technology (SCI-IDTS) for support. (We can meet with you in person and online.). We are available to discuss your ideas or help you develop teaching strategies.
Contact us via email for,
- Questions and consultation on teaching online, hybrid, and technology-enhanced courses, and best practices on digital pedagogies.
- Assistance with designing your course
- Making the best use of our learning management system (Canvas)
- Discussing other educational technologies to support student learning,
- Ways to deter plagiarism and cheating
- Improving student engagement, and active learning strategies
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and creating accessible course materials
Instructional Technology Support at SCI
The SCI ITS group maintains a catalog of instructional technology that is supported by Rutgers and SCI. Use this catalog to identify instructional technologies that you need to learn more about in order to manage your online course. SCI IDTS can work with you to identify Rutgers workshops and trainings, as well as provide 1:1 guidance where appropriate, to ensure that you have the necessary skills to facilitate your online course with confidence.
OIT – Rutgers Office of Information Technology
Contact Rutgers OIT by telephone at 833-OIT-HELP (648-4357), or via email, or in person at the help desk at 96 Davidson Road, Busch Campus for questions on Rutgers Connect email, NetID login, campus wireless network, hardware, and software technical assistance.